Watch that first step, it’s a duhooooozy. - Stephen Tobolowsky as Ned Ryerson in "Groundhog Day"
Today is my first "official" training day for Team in Training. My little calendar said that I'm to run 1 mile today.
So, before the sun was even up this morning, I was awake, doing some warm-up and stretches.
I filled the water bottles on my fuel belt, grabbed my iPhone and headed upstairs to hit the elliptical.
I did my first mile and am so happy! I focused on keeping pace and being comfortable instead of seeing how fast I could go. It helped that I had some fun music on shuffle keeping me going:
- Ice Ice Baby by Vanilla Ice - Even though it started with "Alright, stop," I kept going.
- Think It Over One Time by Robert Earl Keen - Was there a message there?
- Rebel Yell by Billy Idol - How could you not cry more, more, more???
- Baby Got Back by Sir Mixx A Lot - My theme song, you know
- Mickey by Tony Basil - The beat really keeps you moving
It felt good to accomplish my goal for the day so I gave myself a sticker on my training calendar. (Whatever keeps you going, right?!)
Now, we're headed to Target to pick up some socks (I haven't bought socks in longer than I can remember!) then down to Roger Solers to get some new running shoes (I won't even admit when I bought my current pair!).
BTW: Puxatawney Phil saw his shadow this morning. I guess that means six more weeks of fabulous weather!