Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Rant & Rave: my Rowenta Iron

I hate, hate, HATE my Rowenta iron.

Back in February, my trusty old iron bit the dust. So, I hopped in the car and headed to Target to buy a new one.

There it was, a beautiful Rowenta Acti Steam iron ON SALE! Rowenta is known as a fabulous brand for keeping clothes looking great, and I can't pass up a deal, so I sprung for one.

I was so excited to get it home and out of the box. What would I iron first, I wondered.

Well, right out of the box, it was a beauty. So sleek. So hot.

Now, SO NOT!

When I fill the water reservoir and turn it to its upright position to heat up, most of the water I've just deposited leaks out. I have no idea where it's coming from, but there is always a puddle on my ironing board. And, I have to refill it everyday.

Turns out, my fancy schmancy iron hates good water! That's right. Their website has a section devoted to the darn thing leaking. It says to use traditional tap water, not water that's been purified, softened or distilled in any way. Apparently it makes steam that's too fine for the iron so it leaks.

Well, we San Antonio gals have to have our softened water. Our hair and skin would be awful if we didn't. Guess I'll have to bottle up some water from the hose bib outside to use to fill my iron.

Note to Rowenta: You should really put this in big, bold letters on the box!!!

No comments: