Monday, April 7, 2008

Update from the Land of Crazy

Well, I've managed to fail at yet another resolution. (That's why we make them, right, so we have fodder for our inner critics?) I've not updated the world with my musings and stories of crazy kiddos in quite a while.




So, we'll just start over with this past week:





Quotable Quote of the Week
Mitchell: "Big Foot has hair all over his body, just like you Daddy."



The View from the Road
While traveling down Stone Oak Parkway on Thursday, I saw an almost-bald man shaving his head with a Norelco. No lie!





From the Mouth of Babes: I want to be ...
From time to time, Mitchell gets stuck on one topic of conversation. And when I say stuck, I mean that he goes back to the same topic over and over again. It can be funny (and it can be maddening!) Yesterday on the way to church, he announces that he wants to be Hans Solo for Halloween. The list goes on from there ...



  • Hans Solo
  • Luke Skywalker
  • a Termite
  • an Ant
  • a Transformer
  • an Autobot Transformer
  • Spider-Man (always makes the list)
  • Big Foot

Repeat, repeat, repeat - but not always in the same order



Does Big Foot Really Exist?

I don't know, but he's alive and well in our house, thanks to Discover Channel specials. We watched two this weekend, and now Big Foot is all Mitchell can talk about (see "Quotable Quote" above and "From the Mouth of Babes" above).

Strange side note: In the evenings, we like to sit outside on our patio and have dinner, look at the stars or just hang out. Most evenings, we hear this very strange noise, and we have no idea what it is. Paul has dubbed it the "ooda-walla bird." This really upsets Mitchell for some reason, so he's decided it's a "night-time parrot." While watching Big Foot this weekend, one of the experts played a sound clip of a supposed Sasquatch - lo and behold, it's the ooda-walla bird! Maybe Big Foot does live on the other side of that big fence. It would explain a lot.


Funny Video



We attended Paul's former office's department picnic yesterday, and Mitchell hula-hooped for the first time. Sort of.






Oh yeah, I have another child!



Sweet Tooth

Noah is getting his very first tooth, and he's not too fussy (thank goodness!) about it. I doubt you can see it in the photo, but he's just so darn cute that I had to share! (Of course, it wouldn't be a photo of a Gannon boy without food on his face!)

I Get Around

Noah has developed his own unique crawl, which is kinda like the crawl stroke in swimming - only my land shark uses it to get all around the house. Before Noah stopped at the line between the carpet and tile, but now he's realized that the tile is crawable too. Nothing is safe - not even poor Max!

Mmmm, ice cream!

Noah tried ice cream for the first time yesterday, and, of course, he loved it! There is very little food this kid won't eat. I take that back - I've yet to offer him something he refuses to eat! (He must get that from me!) We're now eating "Stage 3" foods, and he wants a taste of everything on my plate. He loves refried beans (he is a true Texan) when we go out to eat, and he tries to feed himself. (Potential dirty video to follow - check back soon!)



No comments: