Monday, March 2, 2009

TNT Update

I'm really getting into the groove of running.

This past Saturday, I ran 4 miles in Brackenridge Park, around the zoo, down by the Witte Museum, down Avenue B past Walden Pond and The Acorn then up by the public golf course, turning in front of Joseph's to head past Bombay Bicycle Club and back to the zoo parking lot - and back to the corner and back again to make my last mile.

My pace group ran at a 2:1 pace, which means we'd run for 2 minutes then walk for 1. Repeat. Repeat. Repeat.

The coaches all say you should be able to run and comfortably carry on a conversation, and that's just what we did. It's so nice to get to know new people!

Afterward, a few of us headed to Joseph's to pick up breakfast. I had the most unbelievable kolache with homestyle sausage and hash browns inside. OH. MY. GOD. I could eat that everyday! I also brought home one with veggies inside - carrots, spinach and cheese - plus a humongous cinnamon roll for the boys to split. (Luckily they just picked off the icing, leaving the good, gooey stuff for Paul and me to pick at!)

I was amazed at how good I felt after the run. I was happily tired but not exhausted. I probably could have run the second leg of the training run, but since I'm training for the half marathon, I got to cut out early and cheer on the other runners and walkers as they finished.

1 comment:

said...

I have a certain name that starts with a b that I'd like to call you for bragging about eating yummy kolaches. ;) They don't eat kolaches in Georgia, never even heard of them! Another reason I have to get back to Texas. I have to remember this Joseph's place...it's in Alamo Heights?

Happy Texas Independence Day, BTW!