Thursday, April 16, 2009

Bohemian Bag: Finished!

After much cursing, several broken needles and probably too much stress, I finished my Bohemian Bag!

Drum roll please ...

I made Lila Tueller's Bohemian bag pattern with her Soiree fabric - my favorite!

I love how it came out, except next time I will start making my panels with the boring fabrics so the super cute ones don't end up on the sides. (I didn't even think about this when I was laying out the fabrics. As a result, my cute green and yellow floral fabrics are on the sides instead of the front.) I'll also make the pockets shorter on the inside - they were a little too close to the top so I kinda stitched them by accident when attaching the handles.

This was my first attempt to quilt and to use clear thread. I think my quilting came out pretty good, and the clear thread was a pain the you-know-what.

But, I was so proud when people commented on my bag yesterday, and I'd say "Thanks. I made it." (There were several who said it looked like a Vera Bradley! Yeah!!!)

And, on a somewhat related note: I commented on Lila Tueller's blog that I was frustrated with sewing the bag, and she so kindly responded with some tips and advice. How cool is that?! (Okay, I don't know that many people would think that's cool, but I did!)

2 comments:

Jennifer C. said...

Very cute bag. You did a good job on the quilting.

It's super cool that Lila Tueller wrote you back.

tierd said...

You are so crafty! I admire that ... I have not a crafty bone in my body.