Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Sleepless in San Antonio

We're on day 7 of Noah not sleeping through the night.



Actually, we're on day 7 of Noah waking up every 2 hours for 2 hour stretches. He's stayed chipper because he gets to sleep during the day while I'm slaving at the office.


Even my huge daily cup of coffee isn't doing the trick.


I wish I knew what's keeping him awake. It was easy to blame it on the rotovirus and ear infection last week. But, he bounced back quickly from the yucky poos and has been on an antibiotic for the ear. Then, it was easy to blame it on the (formula) hunger strike at the end of last week. (He was nonviolently protesting the daycare ladies feeding him Nutramigen instead of his usual formula - just an extra precaution to get him over whatever bug he had and to eliminate the suspicion that he was having an allergic reaction to his usual formula.) Maybe I could blame it on Miss Judy's vacation.


FYI: Miss Judy is the adorable afternoon lady who just loves Noah - and it's a mutual admiration. He is so happy when Miss Judy is around. I was so glad to see her yesterday afternoon when I picked him up. She even hugged me.


Miss Judy being back yesterday gave me a glimmer of hope that all would be well in Noah's world and that he would sleep through the night once again. I gave him plenty of his favorite foods for supper (carrots, corn, bananas and avocado that he fed himself plus helpful bites from me to ensure he ate enough). I let him play in the grass - and even eat a little as an after dinner snack. I nursed him until he fell asleep (bad Mommy, I know!). Did it work?


NO! He woke up around 12:30 then again at 2:30 and again at 5:30. At least he wasn't awake for 2-hour stretches like before. Last night, he was only awake for about 30 minutes each time. But, I was also awake the whole time, only to come back to bed and spend the next 15-20 minutes trying to fall asleep while Dear Paul snored away in dreamland.



Let's all take a moment to pray that Noah sleeps through this night. Lord knows that Mommy needs it!

No comments: