Friday, June 6, 2008

(Still) Sleepless in San Antonio

Day 10 of Noah's sleep strike! I apologize now for any misspellings or if I snap at you for no reason whatsoever.

Last night I decided to let him cry it out.

My history with this parenting tactic isn't good. Mitchell cried it out for 8 hours - yes EIGHT - one night. I was sick as a dog, crying in my bedroom and fighting all urges to go in and pick him up.

Noah's crying lasted about 35 minutes when I couldn't take it anymore. I drug myself up the stairs and carried him over to the game room to nurse him. Almost a hour later, he decided it was as good of time as any to play and rolled over to reach for the remote. Back to bed he went with music playing. He cried for as long as it took me to close his bedroom door. THEN HE SLEPT UNTIL 7:30 THIS MORNING!

Now, I know what you're thinking: Why is she so excited that he slept for four hours? Because that's the most straight sleep I've had in more than a week now. And I didn't even get to sleep that whole time - I had to get up and shower so I could function in the real world.

On a happier note: New Kids on the Block tickets go on sale tomorrow! I've put out an email to my girlfriends who I assume loved NKOTB as much as I did to see if we could get a group together to go to the concert. The promoters are smart: They realize that their target audience isn't tweens but instead women ages 28-40 - so they planned the concert for a Friday evening. Yipee! I can sleep it off the next day!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Is he back to sleeping again? Hope so!!!