Friday, December 19, 2008

Class & Teacher Gifts

Yesterday afternoon, it hit me that I didn't have a little gift for Mitchell's classmates or his teachers. Nothing like the last minute! We had an electrician out in the morning to install a new outlet for our new TV, then it was off to Mitchell's 4-year-old check-up then back home to meet the Geek Squad guys to install our new TV. Once all that was behind us, we jetted off to Hobby Lobby.

For the teachers, I made French Memo Boards. I let Mitchell choose the fabrics for his teachers, and I bought coordinating ribbon and gimp for them. I had not done this project before - nothing like the last minute to try something new! (Thank you, Tara, for the inspiration!)

This is the board I did for Mrs. LeChance. It was my first attempt, and I was really pleased with the results. And, I love the fabric. I used a really dark brown ribbon and gimp.

This is Mrs. A's board. The fabric is cute, and I used black ribbon and gimp. I wasn't really pleased with how it turned out - and it was too late to start over!

For Mitchell's classmates, I made jars of "Magical Reindeer Food" (oatmeal and glitter to us grown-ups). I printed out a little tag and tied it to each jar with a ribbon. Very cute. The tag reads
Be sure to take this magical food & sprinkle it on the lawn. Santa’s reindeer travel many miles before the early dawn. The smell of oats & the glitter path will guide them on their way, & you’ll wake up to Santa’s gifts on Christmas day!

For our crazy deer (who eat everything), we're putting sugar sprinkles in with the oatmeal. I'd hate to know that I gave the herd all tummy aches from the glitter!

7 comments:

said...

They all turned out really cute!

Captain Dumbass said...

Wow. We got our kids teachers gift certificates to Chapters. Oh, sorry, think Canadian version of Barnes & Noble.

Youngest brought home some reindeer food too. The ziplock bags were not quite as cute as yours though.

The Stiletto Mom said...

I am SO LAME. I got candles. And I barely pulled that off. You are a domestic goddess of some sort. :)

Anonymous said...

Adorable! We still have our little jar of reindeer food from last year and I plan to refill it this year for the kids. I bet they were all hits!

Eric Barclay said...

Awesome gifts and really nice scarf! Have a GREAT Christmas.

Sheyb said...

What awesome gifts!!

Unknown said...

That's adorable. What a great idea!