Saturday, December 27, 2008

Facebook: The Bounty Hunter

So I joined this little site called Facebook a while back. It was fun to find old friends and people I sort of knew a long time ago.

Then, it became like an addiction! All of a sudden, I'm reconnecting with people I've not heard from in years (decades!), and I'm constantly checking to see if someone commented on my status or has invited me to be their friend.

And, it's really strange, too. There's people you swore you'd never see again, and there they are on your computer everyday. There's people you've wondered about for a while, and there they are with their families in their Christmas jammies or lamenting about pink eye.

Then, there's the people you had hoped you wouldn't see again. And yet, you feel compelled to accept their friend request. (Do they find out if you say "No?")

It's amazing to have a tool out there to find old friends - and foes - and to learn that we're all past high school now and all that junk back then really doesn't matter in our real worlds.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Although, oddly enough, an ex of mine from high school hasn't accepted my friend request. His girlfriend from high school who is now his wife, who I attended school with from kindergarten through senior year, hates me. Not sure why. Maybe because I dated him first? Who knows? Anyway, not everyone has let high school stuff drop. ;)

Anonymous said...

My most recent post is on the evils of Facebook...oh Lordy it's just sucked me in! *lol*

Again, congrats on your saucy week! I hope it's a great one!

Mama Dawg said...

Yeah, I got sucked into FB as well. I did decline one friendship as it was from a guy that didn't treat me well. So, I don't know if he gets some sort of response or not since there's no way for him to get in contact with me.

Katie Stacey said...

Just stop by from SITS, and I have to say, I totally agree. I know way too much about peoples' lives because of facebook!