Saturday, December 27, 2008

YogaToes - Who Knows?

Confession: I secretly want a pair of YogaToes.

Well, not so secret now. I showed Paul a picture of them, and he made fun of me in the requisite manner. (That kinda makes me want them more!)

I went to the company's website, YogaToes.com. These magical toe stretchers cost a whopping $50! I'm not sure I want to spend that kind of money, but if they eliminate toe cramps and foot pain, it may be worth it. I'm wondering how to secretly smuggle them into the house now that I've voiced my wants to Paul!

After scouring the internets, I want them even more! Everyone had glowing reviews and said they eliminated a host of worries, including leg bruises. If you know me, you know that I very rarely wear shorts or skirts because I look like someone beat me with a sock full of pennies.

Let me tell you - I'm no stranger to gimmicks. I own a PedEgg and love it. I bought a Finishing Touch Hair Remover and have not had much luck keeping my Brooke Shieldses under control.

I'm totally of the I'll-try-just-about-anything mentality. Heck, I've found relief from a sinus infection thanks to my netti pot, I've stopped a hacking cough in its tracks with my pal Umcka. All those "ask-your-doctor" commercials are total target marketing. (I'm totally their target!) I've asked my doctor for Nasacort, Nasonex, Patanol, Zocor, Seasonale and a slew of other designer prescriptions.

Just this past week, my MIL and I were watching "The View" (which is something I very rarely - very rarely - watch) and we saw a fantastic hair styling product, the InStyler. We both looked at each other with that look that women recognize - you know, the one that makes men think "Oh crap! What's she buying now?" I grabbed the laptop, went to their website and scored us each one on a two-fer offer!

Now think about it: If everyone out there was a Negative Nelly and refused to try something because someone else said it was good, where would we be?

I can tell you this: If we were all Nellies, we'd never eat lobster or oysters (honestly - look at those things!), we'd never pour premeasured packets of salt into a little tea pot to rinse out our noses and we'd never have relaxed feet and straight toes!

7 comments:

Jennifer C. said...

My family loves the Neti Pot. I've only used it once but Lara swears by it and she is the one with nose issues and allergies.

I can't beieve I'm writing this but - I've been wondering if this product works: http://www.divacup.com/

I wonder b/c it's green and would save me money.

Cant wait to see more knitted items.

said...

I'm totally interested in the Ped Egg. :) Lemme know how the hair and toe things work!

HeatherPride said...

Wishing you luck on the yoga toes. I can't even type the name without laughing!! hee hee. Yoga toes. Yoga toes. HAHAHAAAAA

OK, I'm done now. So the ped egg works, huh? I've had my eye on that and the aqua globes!

The Stiletto Mom said...

I'd love to laugh at you but I also own the Neti Pot and the PediEgg. Also? My husband ordered SIX Snuggie blankets for Christmas...SIX.

Which makes us total tv product losers. :)

Sarah said...

Hey...visiting you from SITS! I have been dabating the Ped Egg...and now I am sold! I am ordering one today!

Natalie said...

i'm going to get me a pedegg now the next time i go to bed bath and beyond! they have a big "as seen on tv" section that i am always checking out!

over here from SITS

AdriansCrazyLife said...

I'm the same way. I try to tell myself I'm "open minded", but I think I'm just gullible and have no resistance to sales people! After all, I once bought a thousand dollar set of encyclopedias for a 3 year old child who couldn't read yet!

Congrats on being a saucy blog!