Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Run, Girl!

It's official! (Yes, I'm crazy, but we already knew that!)

I'm training for a half marathon with Team in Training, benefiting the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society.

I've wanted to be a runner for a while now and have had dreams of running in a marathon. I'll be training for the half leg of the Rock N Roll Marathon, to be held May 31st in San Diego.

Our good friend, Glenn, was diagnosed with Multiple Myeloma in October. At the TNT information meeting this weekend, I learned that myeloma is one of the cancers that LLS supports with their funds.

So, I'm going to train and run in honor of Glenn and all those other husbands, wives, brothers, sisters and friends who face the C-word.

As I train, I'll post my progress, triumphs and tribulations.

Please consider supporting the cause. You can make donations online by visiting my page. Remember, every penny helps! (And, all donations are tax-deductible.)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is great Mary Anna! Good luck and happy training!!!

Call Me Cate said...

Best of luck training! My husband recently completed his second half-marathon. Just stopping by from SITS to say hello!

Ronnica said...

Ooh, that's a big step! At least it's for a good cause. Train well!