Tuesday, October 21, 2008

First There Was Evite ...

I'm all for emailing people with information. I'd much rather type up an email than call 10 different girlfriends to set up a girls' night out.


So I saw this story on CNN.com. Seems that after you Evite someone for a great night out, you can warn them that the fun may have given them an STD.



This group, inSPOT (Internet Notification Service for Partners or Tricks), has created e-cards you can send anonymously, informing your friend that they might need to go to the doctor after your date.



I feel like Phoebe Buffet when she was possessed by that old lady - now I've seen it all.



I'm not sure which e-card is my favorite. I'm kinda partial to the "I got screwed while screwing, and you might have too." The "You're too hot to be out of action" features a nice, sexy back. But, I think my absolute favorite is this one:




I applaud inSPOT and organizations like it to encourage people to come clean with those they may have infected.

I know, I'm sort of poking fun at it - my inner conservative (no matter how small she is) kinda raised an eyebrow when I read the story's headline. Once I went to inSPOT's website, I realized that it really is a great idea and a great service. It's bad enough to try to break up with someone, but to drop that kind of bomb on them ... Glad to know there's an e-card for that. (Hallmark's probably kicking themselves for being beat to the punch!)

6 comments:

The Stiletto Mom said...

I'm totally going there and sending ecards to scare people. Thanks for adding to my arsenal. :)

Mary Anna said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
steenky bee said...

Oh, sister, if I had a dime for everyone on these I've ever received, well, I wouldn't have any dimes. Whew! Oh, wait, incoming email from Stiletto Mom......

Mary Anna said...

I accidentally deleted my own comment in response to Stiletto Mom! I hate when that happens.

It was something quite witty, though!

Frogs in my formula said...

You're so right. I can see the head exec at Hallmark scratching his head about this one. I guess it's a good idea???

thedavies99 said...

that is just plain nuts!