Monday, November 24, 2008

Dance Party

"Ring, ring doorbell ring, it's house party time ..."

Dan didn't tell us it was time for a dance party, but I just knew that my crabby boys needed some sort of distraction. (I'm not sure who loves Dan more - Mitchell or me. My money is on me!)

So, I grabbed my iPhone, hooked it up to our stereo and started playing songs.

It started innocently enough with "Cecilia" by Simon and Garfunkel. Mitchell was playing the drums, and Noah was just happy being a part of all the noise.

Then it moved on and the dancing got underway. Before long, we were going around the living room, doing our best "Walk Like an Egyptian." Then we started to "Wang Chung." I'm still not even sure what that means, but it didn't hold us back!

There was "Big Yellow Taxi" at some point, because it's Mitchell's favorite (the Counting Crows cover, not the original). There was almost "Take a Chance on Me," but Mitchell has apparently outgrown his love of Abba.

At one point, I was tickling them every time it said "The eye of the tiger." I knew at that point that we were all really done!

So, we put our two exhausted boys to bed, hopefully to have good sleeps, as we prepare to drive 4+ hours tomorrow for the Thanksgiving holiday.

4 comments:

The Stiletto Mom said...

I always loved the dance parties!

Have a safe trip and a wonderful Thanksgiving!!!

HeatherPride said...

That is so funny, the other night Logan was alllllll riled up before bedtime and I made him do about a hundred jumping jacks until he was tired! Next time I'll just put some music on and start dancing!

Frogs in my formula said...

Dancing is a great way to tire everyone out. I didn't dance much before Junior but now I hop around all the time (it's good for the extra padding I seem to have). Happy Thanksgiving!

Captain Dumbass said...

I seem to me the one who gets the tiredest. And I don't care if that's a real word or not.