Saturday, November 1, 2008

Happy Birthday, Paul!

Yesterday was my dear hubby's birthday. He'll agree that it's appropriate that this birthday wish is a day late, after the day we had yesterday.

How do I love thee? Let me count the ways.

  1. Paul has a great sense of humor. On the day we met, he tried to show me his underwear.
  2. He's a wealth of (mostly) useless knowledge. Well, he has a lot of useful knowledge too. As a kid he had a book of amazing facts, and I think he still remembers every single detail. Mitchell can ask the most absurd question, and Paul has an answer!
  3. He makes fun of me when I say something wrong. Believe it or not, this doesn't bother me. I know I say things wrong, and it's kinda funny. He giggles and corrects me. (You ought to hear me pronounce dinosaur names.)
  4. He loves food almost as much as me. On our first date, neither of us touched our food. I was glad we got over that quickly! Paul is adventurous when it comes to food, which is a good thing, as I like to try new things too. Heck, on our honeymoon, we watched as our waiter went into the courtyard and killed a chicken for our lunch. And, today, he's going to cook cabrito for his birthday.
  5. He cooks, cleans, does laundry and grocery shops. Yes, ladies, my man does it all. He also bathes kids, changes diapers, changes the litter box, takes out the trash, puts gas in my car ...
  6. He loves our kiddos more than anything. When they hear the alarm beep as the door opens when he comes home, they run to greet him and get scooped up for hugs. He reads them stories (complete with voices), plays on the floor and even does "wrestle mania" with them almost daily.

Happy Birthday, Paul. I love you. Looking forward to many, many more.

8 comments:

The Stiletto Mom said...

Can you clone him? Happy Birthday Paul!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Mr. Mary Anna!

Frogs in my formula said...

Aw, happy birthday. He sounds like a real catch. (P.S. the word verification for this was fartma--come on!)

steenky bee said...

Well, Happy Birthday (belated) to Paul! I agree with Stiletto Mom. Clone him!

Anonymous said...

Hope Paul had a great birthday and your family had a great Halloween! We need some pictures of the kids in costume!

HeatherPride said...

Sounds like a catch to me!! Happy birthday!

Pablo Guero said...

Thanks Mary Anna! I love you, too.

BTW, ladies there's no cloning me -- we have an agreement. Though, I'm told my wife once had an odd reproductive request from a certain (ahem) couple she knows. I don't know, maybe she was just kidding. Either way, if you're lucky she'll blog about is some day.

Mary Anna said...

Paul's right. We have a couple of good friends who happen to lesbians, and they've asked in the past if he'd "contribute" to their desire to have a baby! They haven't brought it up in a while, so I'm not sure if they've given up (could also be that we haven't seen them in a while ...).