How do I love thee? Let me count the ways.
- Paul has a great sense of humor. On the day we met, he tried to show me his underwear.
- He's a wealth of (mostly) useless knowledge. Well, he has a lot of useful knowledge too. As a kid he had a book of amazing facts, and I think he still remembers every single detail. Mitchell can ask the most absurd question, and Paul has an answer!
- He makes fun of me when I say something wrong. Believe it or not, this doesn't bother me. I know I say things wrong, and it's kinda funny. He giggles and corrects me. (You ought to hear me pronounce dinosaur names.)
- He loves food almost as much as me. On our first date, neither of us touched our food. I was glad we got over that quickly! Paul is adventurous when it comes to food, which is a good thing, as I like to try new things too. Heck, on our honeymoon, we watched as our waiter went into the courtyard and killed a chicken for our lunch. And, today, he's going to cook cabrito for his birthday.
- He cooks, cleans, does laundry and grocery shops. Yes, ladies, my man does it all. He also bathes kids, changes diapers, changes the litter box, takes out the trash, puts gas in my car ...
- He loves our kiddos more than anything. When they hear the alarm beep as the door opens when he comes home, they run to greet him and get scooped up for hugs. He reads them stories (complete with voices), plays on the floor and even does "wrestle mania" with them almost daily.
Happy Birthday, Paul. I love you. Looking forward to many, many more.