Tuesday, September 2, 2008

SAHM Day 1: We all survived (and there was dinner, too!)

Day 1 as a SAHM is slowly winding to an end. Noah is fast asleep (and was when I came home from the orientation from Hell), and Mitchell is upstairs with Paul, enjoying tonight's "Goosebumps."

I've had lots of encouraging emails from you today, from friends I see regularly to those who've stumbled upon my corner of the web by clicking through some smart-a$$ remark I left on someone else's page.


So here's a quick recap of the day:

  • Meltdowns: 3 - all Mitchell (wanted cookie for breakfast, didn't want to brush teeth, all the usual stuff)
  • Requests for Treats: lost count around 6!
  • Naps: 1 - just Noah (but man, was it a power nap! He went down at 11 and woke up at 2:30!)
  • Trips out of the house: 1 - we did a test run to Mitchell's new school to get an idea of how long it's going to take in the mornings. We also went to the post office - big fun!
  • Graham crackers consumed by Mitchell - Way too many to count! (In my defense, these are tiny little things shaped like the characters from "Cars.")
  • Alcoholic beverages consumed by Mom - NONE! Obviously, I didn't make it for those margaritas at Alamo Cafe (read previous post). But, there is a glass of wine with my name on it, calling to me ...

2 comments:

Ashley said...

Hey Mary Anna,
I'm glad you survived your first day---it sounds like it was pretty sucessful. Don't worry about "those" type of moms--there are snobs no matter where you are and no matter what age you are (you'd think they would grow out of it). Having gone to Baylor, I have met a lot of snobs in my day who wouldn't talk to me either and I'm glad they didn't!!

Anonymous said...

I know exactly what you are talking about (L was at that school last year!) - Mitchell will love it though. Glad you survived your first day!!!