Sunday, August 24, 2008

Noah's First Birthday Party

We (finally!) had Noah's first birthday party yesterday afternoon. It poured down rain, so we had a houseful of maniacs (of the 5-and-under variety) running amok in our home! The only tears shed were when it was time to go home, so I deem it a success!

The cake was a delicious multi-layer ice cream cake from Cold Stone, complete with chocolate and yellow cakes, chocolate ice cream and sprinkles around the edges. The animals on top are bathtub toys that I gave all the kiddos in their goodie bags.

For an easy craft, I threw out a bunch of (washable) markers and had the kids decorate their own silly animal masks. (Nothing like rain to make the natives restless - the boys were begging to go out to play on the playscape, and one promised, "We won't fall and get wet!") For the grown-ups, we had plenty of yummy snacks.

All in all, it was a fun time!






P.S., Grandma and I had quite an adventure when picking up the cake. First of all, it started pouring down rain on our way there. Then, we get to Cold Stone and were handed this huge cake box. That cake was way bigger than I expected! The drive home brought a torrential downpour, complete with flash flooding on Borgfeld. To make it even more interesting, Grandma stopped to ease through a raging river over the road - and all of a sudden I see a pair of beady eyes looking at me! There was an emu on the road, and it lifted its ugly little head and looked me straight in the eye. Yikes! I let out a little shriek and an OMG. Grandma and I laughed about it the rest of the day.

No comments: