Saturday, August 16, 2008

PNO

Last night, Paul and I enjoyed maybe the best perk of daycare: Parents' Night Out.

PNO is a lifesaver that I'll really miss. Once a month, the daycare keeps the kids until 11:30. We took advantage of our last PNO and went to Silo.

YUM!

Paul had the surf and turf: a petite filet and a wonderful lobster tail. There were some lovely veggies and potatoes alongside as well. I started with the spinach salad, which was fantastic. For my dinner, I had the appetizer special: foie gras over toasted brioche. I could have licked the plate clean, but my molten chocolate cake was ready. (We also had a pre-dinner cocktail and a nice bottle of red wine.)

Yes, I got my chocolate cake. I ordered it before I even ordered my dinner.

I'm going to miss those regular date nights, when we don't have to worry about childcare and the biggest concern is what awful drive-through to drop off on our way to somewhere good.

No comments: