Saturday, August 16, 2008

Teacher Visit

Yesterday, Mitchell's new preschool teachers came by for a home visit.

I wasn't at all sure what to expect during a home visit, so I put on a pot of coffee, set out freshly baked chocolate chip cookies (did you know you can by homemade Toll House cookies at Target?!) and put away all the toys in the living room.

Mitchell went to daycare since I had to take Noah to the doctor. I was later than hoped picking him up because Noah was power napping. (I actually had to wake him up so he could eat lunch before we got Mitchell!)

I get to daycare and Mitchell is getting out of the pool. Of course! I'm running late and his dripping with water. I quickly helped him get changed and we made it back to the house just in time. As we were walking in, the teachers pulled up.

Miss Candace and Miss Victoria were very nice. They brought along some toys to show Mitchell, and they had a list of questions for us. Mitchell turned on the charm!

He offered them both cookies, and both declined. So, he went to the kitchen and brought back cookies and just handed the cookies to them as if they'd asked. Then he brought one for himself. The teachers sat on the sofa, and Mitchell sat on the coffee table between them, facing them, as the three chatted and enjoyed their cookies.

He told them all about how he likes to play, loves to read "Goosebumps" (which really impressed them), loves dinosaurs and cars ... he said lots of stuff. Lots of stuff! He even slipped in a potty word at one point, and Miss Candace pointed out that we only use those words in the potty.

As they were leaving, Miss Candace said he'll be the class socialite in no time. That's my boy!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Lainey adored Candace - y'all will like her!