Sunday, July 6, 2008

Fizzled Fourth

Another holiday came and went without much fanfare (or a trip to the emergency room, though we did have a close call!).



For the Fourth, we decided to take it easy around the house. I took the boys to the park then we went for a little drive while they ate Whataburger for breakfast.



Once we got home, Mitchell assisted Paul in making a delish beer can chicken and then he helped me make "Doubled Eggs" (known in other homes as deviled eggs).



A brief late-afternoon rain shower provided cooling relief on the hot summer day. We played outside for quite a while as the chicken finished up and the corn grilled.



We enjoyed our supper - rounded out with potato salad and corn on the cob - on the patio. For dessert, we had some brownie bites. Yum!



Saturday morning, the boys and I were playing in Noah's room, rolling around, wrestling and laughing. Mitchell got a little too excited and jumped on me, slamming his nose into my mouth. He has a strange red scratch on his nose from my tooth, and I had a headache the rest of the day due to my jaw being whacked out of alignment by a toddler's head.



Later in the day, Mitchell went running through the house, and - of course - fell head-first onto the tile floor in the entry. He bit both lips but not bad enough to go to the hospital (this time!). He had two fat lips.

Last night, I made a yummy, impromptu supper, of shrimp wrapped in prosciutto then grilled and brushed with Major Grey's Chutney plus a yummy, fresh salad (spun with my new salad spinner).

No comments: