Friday, July 11, 2008

Now Playing: She and Him

Every now and then my job requires that I drive to some remote place to pick up some random item. If I time it just right, I get to listen to something - and learn something - good on NPR.

Today was one of those days.

While en route to a luncheon after picking up some sales plaques, I got to hear an interview with Zooey Deschanel. The name probably means very little to you, but you'll know her as the adorable object of Will Farrel's affection in the terrific holiday movie "Elf."

It seems Zooey is quite the singer, and she has paired up with musician M.Ward to form a small group called She and Him.

I listened to Zooey's voice on the interview and instantly fell in love with her tone and words. Then they played the audio of the shower scene from "Elf" where she and Will Farrel (unknowingly) sing the duet "Baby It's Cold Outside."

I was totally in love! The drive lasted long enough for me to hear a clip from She and Him. I grabbed an envelope out of my purse and scribbled down the name of the band. I'm going to have to download something soon.

I feel a new addiction coming on ...

No comments: