Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Update on Burns

I was already feeling little sick to my stomach, then I received this email from Tim at my office:

I just got an update from Burns' family. Unfortunately it is not good news. The tumor was not benign and had spread to more tissue than they could remove safely. So the doctors removed as much as they could and sent samples off for confirmation. They are preliminarily categorizing it as a Grade II tumor which is slow growing and can spread to surrounding tissue. I don’t know the course of treatment they will follow or if there is a revision in the recovery schedule for him. Right now he is in the ICU recovering from surgery. His family was very emotional and promised to update us as they found out more.
Not at all what I wanted to hear. I wanted to hear that the doctors were successful in removing everything and that he was in recovery and doing well. Please continue to pray for Burns and his family.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh no - not good news. Will keep him and his family in our prayers.